Last updated: December 17, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
- Account means a unique account created for you to access my website or its parts.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Oregon, United States
- Device means any device that can access the website such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the website or from its infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to https://shabrova.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the website, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
Comments and Form Entries
When you leave comments or fill out a form on my website, the data shown in the comments form, your IP address, and browser type are collected to help with spam detection. Your comments and form entries are be checked through an automated spam detection service.
While using my website, I may ask you to provide me with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Personal details related to a commission
- Usage data
Usage data is collected automatically when using the website.
Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of my website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the website by or through a mobile device, I may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
I may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit my website or when you access the website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web beacons. Certain sections of my website and emails sent from it may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow me, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be persistent or session cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
I use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / essential cookies
Type: session cookies
Administered by: me
Purpose: these Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through my website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and I only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Cookies policy / notice acceptance cookies
Type: persistent cookies
Administered by: me
- Functionality cookies
Type: persistent cookies
Administered by: me
Purpose: these cookies allow me to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use my website.
Use of Your Personal Data
I may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain my services, including to monitor the usage of my service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of my website. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with me through this website.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to me.
- For other purposes: I may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of my promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve my products, services, marketing, and your experience.
I may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: I may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of my website and to contact you.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent, I may disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
Retention of Your Personal Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on my website, the personal information they provide in their user profile is also stored. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). I also can see and edit that information.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including personal data, is processed in Oregon, USA and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to – and maintained on -computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, I may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
I may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation
- protect and defend my rights or property
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with my website
- protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to me, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
My website does not address anyone under the age of 13. I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided me with personal data, please contact me. If I become aware that I have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, I take steps to remove that information from my server.
Links to Other Websites
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
What Rights You Have over Your Data
If you have an account on this website, have left comments, or filled out a web form, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on my website: https://www.shabrova.com/contact-me/